Policies – please read!
- Everyone can read posts, but to start a new topic or add a reply you’d need to register. To create an ID, please verify your email address. You will get a link at that email address and you can then pick a password.
- Be courteous to others. Treat others like you like to be treated. Discuss the issues. No ad-hominem attacks!
- It’s OK to include external links if they are relevant. But please avoid spamming! Please no affiliate links.
- Before starting a new topic, please check if that question/topic has been discussed before already and add to that discussion instead of starting a new topic.
- If you’ve written a cool blog post that you want to share with others please post this in the “Self-Promo” category only!
- The forum policies may be amended in the future!
July 2021 Trades
I sold Monday 7/19 4280 s for 1.10
Does ES not have a Monday 7/19 option? I see it for SPX and XSP but after today, the next expiry for ES is on Wednesday. I am using Interactive Brokers.
Sold Monday 4240 for $1.00 at 1100 Eastern. A little negative now, but 90 points Monday would be a big drop.
I hope theres a little rebound towards market close so you guys dont take too much of a hit! My strike expiring today is at 4200. I sold Weds expire at 4100 earlier this morning when it was at 5.7 delta. It's already gone up to 8.7 delta.
As difficult as it is, I'm putting on Wed positions. Hard to add more risk when you are getting kicked in the teeth. My takeaway from ERN's article about how the strategy handled the March 2020 bear market was that the initial decline and vol pop caused the losses. All subsequent short puts expired OTM. And, the increased vol environment allowed him to recoup his losses more quickly than expected.
Trying to stay the course.