Policies – please read!
- Everyone can read posts, but to start a new topic or add a reply you’d need to register. To create an ID, please verify your email address. You will get a link at that email address and you can then pick a password.
- Be courteous to others. Treat others like you like to be treated. Discuss the issues. No ad-hominem attacks!
- It’s OK to include external links if they are relevant. But please avoid spamming! Please no affiliate links.
- Before starting a new topic, please check if that question/topic has been discussed before already and add to that discussion instead of starting a new topic.
- If you’ve written a cool blog post that you want to share with others please post this in the “Self-Promo” category only!
- The forum policies may be amended in the future!
July 2021 Trades
I sold the 3920, 3940 and 3955s for Wed. Avg price 1.72
As Big ERN says, really exciting on days where close is around your strikes! Eight minutes until close and I'm 8 points to the good....
@earlyretirementnowcom days like today seem to be huge for this approach. Your thoughts?
For those who are interested, I've been looking at the IV rank and put/call spreads when I sell options. SPY is currently showing +9.3 towards the put side which means premiums are looking really good right now.
Today got a bit closer than I like but finished ok. 4200.
Sold weds at 3990.
We have had several red days in a row to there may be a small relief rally either Tues or Wed on earnings even if the trajectory is a bit lower.
The strikes I had today spiked against me 100% from when I sold them on Friday but eventually finished otm. I've taken the hands off approach which is good. Once I sell them I don't really check the trade until the end of the day. It zig zags a lot but I'm just letting the process play out and enjoy the summer in the mean time.