Forum

Policies – please read!

• Everyone can read posts, but to start a new topic or add a reply you’d need to register. To create an ID, please verify your email address. You will get a link at that email address and you can then pick a password.
  • Be courteous to others. Treat others like you like to be treated. Discuss the issues. No ad-hominem attacks!
  • It’s OK to include external links if they are relevant. But please avoid spamming! Please no affiliate links.
  • Before starting a new topic, please check if that question/topic has been discussed before already and add to that discussion instead of starting a new topic.
  • If you’ve written a cool blog post that you want to share with others please post this in the “Self-Promo” category only!
  • Please read the usual Disclaimers and the Privacy Policy!
  • The forum policies may be amended in the future!
Notifications
Clear all

June 2021 Trades

Page 4 / 4

NavyPack
(@navypack)
Estimable Member

Five minutes before close, sold Monday 4025 Strike for $1.05, which was 3.1 delta and 19 IV.  Market was at 4178.

Ran against me into the close:(

earlyretirementnow.com
(@earlyretirementnowcom)

Wednesday expiration: Strikes at 4020, 4025, 4030. Premium around $0.95-$1.00. Underlying around 4220.

3 Replies
fi4wanderlust
(@fi4wanderlust)

Eminent Member

@earlyretirementnowcom 

I sold mine at 4055 for $1.40. 2.9 delta. I sold a call thats expiring today at 4215 so ill probably be ITM at close. So far the strangle strategy is working well for me and I still continue to follow your same strategy for selling puts.

Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

@fi4wanderlust I did consider a strangle situation and I have level 4 for options, but ultimately decided against it. I would do a strangle if I were always at the computer or able to monitor it, but just selling puts, all I do is periodically check and see the market is up and just forget about it, whereas eventually one side will need to be managed.

Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

@earlyretirementnowcom Also sold the 4020 and 4025 but did early this morning. Looking at the futures last night, they began to firm up and eventually keep going green early on and the VIX was coming in, so wanted to sell some before it dropped too much. Seems like every time the VIX pops, it gets sold just as quick.

nobatmanjokes
(@nobatmanjokes)
Trusted Member

Looks like my recent luck selling ~250 points OTM for good premium has run dry today. 4150 at $0.95.

3 Replies
NavyPack
(@navypack)

Estimable Member

@nobatmanjokes 4140 here for $0.85, but mostly due to having another 4040 expiring Friday that I sold yesterday.

nobatmanjokes
(@nobatmanjokes)

Trusted Member

@navypack nice. Did you take that longer expiration yesterday because you were expecting vol to come down?

NavyPack
(@navypack)

Estimable Member

@nobatmanjokes honestly I think it was an accident and thought I was selling Wed.

earlyretirementnow.com
(@earlyretirementnowcom)

Started trading the Friday options. Strikes 4195 and 4200 so far. Pretty lean premiums (0.85-0.90). But keep in mind that this is the Friday before the long weekend. Sunday is Independence Day in the U.S., so Monday is a market holiday. Things usually slow down on the Friday before the long weekend!   Just an FYI for the non-US readers! 🙂

Page 4 / 4
Share: