It seems that new users have trouble registering for the forum. The confirmation email never shows up. I’ve decided to phase out this forum and transition over to a new forum plugin. The new location is here:
Policies – please read!
- Everyone can read posts, but to start a new topic or add a reply you’d need to register. To create an ID, please verify your email address. You will get a link at that email address and you can then pick a password.
- Be courteous to others. Treat others like you like to be treated. Discuss the issues. No ad-hominem attacks!
- It’s OK to include external links if they are relevant. But please avoid spamming! Please no affiliate links.
- Before starting a new topic, please check if that question/topic has been discussed before already and add to that discussion instead of starting a new topic.
- If you’ve written a cool blog post that you want to share with others please post this in the “Self-Promo” category only!
- The forum policies may be amended in the future!
S & P 500
Hi I am wondering if I have not bought into the S & P 500 yet, would it be better to wait until it drops a bit. I think now is not a good time to just enter when it is shooting though the roof. Any thoughts would be helpful. I thought I would wait until it drops and then buy some VTSAX, etc.... Not right now. My soon to be ex-husband is making me feel like a real jerk saying that I should have bought in...yes I know but what past is past and now I think I should wait until it goes down. I read something that it may go to 8000. How realistic is that. Any help is really really appreciated.
History would say just add it all now. However, I think psychologically the answer is 30% now and then add 10% every other month.
Look up some videos or articles on investing every year at the worst time (year high). Turns out alright!